Here’s Your Partner Pie Grab Planner
Use this partner marketing planner to get more than your fair share of co-marketing funds.
Stage 1: Identify the best partners to work with
1) List all of the partners you work with today.
2) Highlight the partners that are most closely aligned with your offerings.
- What are the biggest benefits of the relationship for your organization?
- What are the biggest benefits for each of the partner organizations you plan to work with most closely?
3) What does your current relationship consist of today? (Do this exercise for each of the highlighted partners in 2).
- Biggest successes to date?
- How did they come about?
- Are they repeatable?
- How much funding has the partner provided or has your organization provided in the last 12 months?
- Is this figure more or less than the previous 12 months?
- What other non-financial benefits have come from the relationship in the past 12 months?
- What additional benefits would you like to obtain or provide in the next 12 months?
Stage 2: Plan for success
1) What initiatives will be the focus over the next 2-4 quarters?
- Describe the strategy(ies)
- Describe the tactics
- Show mock ups where possible
2) What are the primary outcomes going to be?
- What products or services of the partner’s will be sold?
- How much and by when?
3) How will the programs deliver a positive financial outcome?
Stage 3: Elements of a proposal that gets success
1) What will be done and how will it benefit the partner?
2) What level of investment is required?
3) What specific actions, tactics, and strategies will be employed?
4) What results are expected in what time period?
5) What metrics will be tracked and how often will they be reported and who will the reports go to?
6) What happens next?
Stage 4: Promote success
1) How will successes be communicated?
2) Who needs to know about the successes?
Stage 5: Getting proactive
1) What additional investments would be made if funding becomes available?
2) Identify all of the potential sources of funding and/or support at the partner.
- Make contact with each source and share plans for success that can be built together
Follow these 5 easy steps and you are certain to get more than your fair share of the partner funding pie. Good luck!