The One Critical Success Factor for Partner Marketing:
Institute partner segmentation to make your channel marketing efforts exponentially more effective.
“All partners are not created equal. Don’t treat them like they are.”
We suggest you implement a partner segmentation strategy before using this survey. Then survey each segment separately. Better insights and results that can be acted upon will come from verbal interviews done via phone or in person. The extra time spent will give you information not easily obtained via online surveys.
1) How many people are on your marketing team today?
2) Which tactics do you use today?
- Broadcast radio
- Broadcast television
- Internet television
- Case studies
- Digital radio
- Direct mail
- Landing pages
- Local industry events
- Organic search
- Paid search
- Print advertising
- Public relations
- Referral marketing
- Social media
- Speaking engagements
- Web seminars
- White papers
3) What tactics would you like to begin using that you are not using today?
4) What have been the most valuable partner marketing programs you have ever utilized? Why?
5) What is missing from the program [your company name here] has today?
6) What partner programs do you choose not to utilize? Why?
7) What do you wish [your company name here] would stop doing?
8) What do you wish [your company name here] would start doing?
9) Do you have any new ideas that would make [your company name here (‘s)] partner marketing more effective?
Once you complete your partner surveys, group your partners into logical segments. From there you can begin alignment exercises. Be sure to check out Modern Partner Marketing and the Partner Alignment Builder for your next steps.